Methods for utilizing search engine optimization seem to evolve and change just when you seem to “have it”. We help our clients manage their search engine requirements by focusing on a few basic principles. These principles and tactics carry across the nonprofit and commercial sector.
There are two ways to drive leads and fundraising dollars to your website through search engines. Pay Per Click (PPC) and Organic search results. The most popular form of PPC is Google Adwords. “Organic” is when your page appears first in search engines without paying for advertising. This is the best way way (long term) to drive traffic to your website.
- Keyword research: The basis of the entire campaign and therefore the most important part of your SEO strategy. The goal is to find keywords with high search volume and low advertising competition.
- Ad Management: Create and edit ads for different groups and monitoring their performances
- Weekly Analytics Reporting: By building weekly reports, you can visually see the results of the SEO campaign. Strategies for the remainder of the campaign are refined weekly based on these reports.
Organic Search Results Methodology
- Keyword research: Similar to the PPC methodology, the goal is to find keywords with high search volume. These keywords will be the foundation of the content created on your website and blog articles.
- Conversion rate and Return on Investment (ROI): Ranges from keyword strategy changes to Website content/design changes. In short it is about achieving and retaining the competitive edge.
- Link Building Campaign: Start by researching your competition to see which sites they have partnered with. Find similar sites and blogs to see how you can partner up with them.
- Directory Listings: The website URL will be submitted to related directories in your industry, boosting the number of incoming links.
- Blog Marketing: Fresh, relevant and original content is a key aspect to boosting traffic to a website as well as to encourage repeat visits. We recommend dedicating 4 hours per week to write articles to be published on your website’s integrated blog. This content will enhance search engine visibility of your website as well as present an image of competence to your audience.