Pasting from Word into any WYSIWYG editor has been the holy grail of any content management system. We have all used the Paste from Word feature and notice that it, well, doesn’t really do a good job. Furthermore, any charts or images get left behind on our local machine.
NonprofitCMS’s WordPress Development team and vOfficeware’s Windows Software Development team collaborated to create this highly useful plugin. While there is no replacement for good standards compliant XHTML coding, the Paste from Word to WordPress plugin produces reasonable HTML and uploads all images behind the scenes to make your paste as easy as ever.
For now this plugin only works on Microsoft Windows machines with XP and beyond. Depending on demand we will look into releasing OS X and Linux versions.
Download LITE Edition (Requires Microsoft Windows XP with .NET 2.0 or Greater)
– LITE Edition is fully featured
– 10% of the time it will add a “Pasted from Word to WordPress” message which you can safely remove
– Install application, upload the word_to_wordpress_plugin.zip to your WordPress plugins folder
– Go to wp-admin -> Settings -> Word to WordPress
– Open Paste from Word to WordPress icon from your desktop
– Right click the desktop icon and choose Settings
– Enter your website URL + security code
– Paste from Word to WordPress!