- Thumbs ups
- Web 2.0 Central layout – Consistent Layout
- Navigation – User Friendly Navigation
- Focused and keyword rich content – Enough content is present on the home page and inner-pages (keyword-rich content help search engines to related keywords and pages)
- Color scheme – Dull color scheme, a fresh and pleasant color scheme can be used
- ‘Average’ web design. Is not in the top tier of web designs.
- Alexa rank – 1,298,671 i.e. very low traffic presently
- On-page & Off-page optimization – Poor
- Customized Error 404 page – Present
- HTML sitemap – Not present
- XML Sitemap – Not Present, XML sitemap is very important from SEO point of view
- Robots.txt – present but not configured
- HTML Markups except H1 tag – Keywords are not present in the H1 tags
Website Design Analysis
It’s important to develop a website that is well designed, attractive, easy to navigate and highly usable. A well designed website will have relevant information, user-friendly functionalities and the capability to retain visitors, build trust and make them come back again.
A good website design takes into account graphics, content, functionality, placement of elements and well-researched use of color. Simplicity in design allows a user to focus on the important aspects of the website, such as its message, usability, functionality and the end result of meeting the objective of the website owner in terms of conversion. Your website is a direct reflection of your brand, business, image, quality and services.
The message you send to your visitors through your website pages must guide their usage of the website, and have a clear focal point. A well designed website will improve your visitor’s perception of your company’s capabilities and professionalism.
Website Design Recommendations
- The website looks neat and well organized however, can be improved in terms of color scheme
Example URL: http://www.seo.com
- Calls for actions can be made more prominent – Call for actions such as “Donate” and “Sign-up” (presently below the fold) need to be highlighted and placed in the top-part of web-page.
- Offer a site map to your users with links that point to the important parts of your site. If the site map has an extremely large number of links, you may want to break the site map into multiple pages.
- While the web design is clean, it appears a bit ‘templateish’ and is not in the top tier of web designs.
Website Usability Analysis
Website Accessibility is an important idea behind many Web standards, especially HTML.
A good website design takes into account graphics, content, functionality, placement of elements and well-researched use of color. Simplicity in design allows a user to focus on the important aspects of the website, such as its message, usability, functionality and the end result of meeting the objective of the website owner in terms of conversion.
Your website is a direct reflection of your brand, business, image, quality. The message you send to your visitors through your website pages must guide their usage of the website, and have a clear focal point.
A well designed website will improve your visitor’s perception of your company’s capabilities and professionalism.
Website Usability Recommendations
- Link to the site’s main page is clearly identified
- Major/important parts of the site are directly accessible from the main page. On the top-scroller titles are linked to the respective detail pages however, the images are not hyperlinked. We recommend to hyperlink the images.
- We recommend pulling the main/top navigation from an XML file. This will help in indexing more-and-more pages on major search engines like Google, Yahoo and Bing.
Search Engine Optimization
Search engines generate nearly 90% of all Internet traffic and are responsible for 55% of all E-commerce transactions. Today, it is essential for all online businesses to make SEO an integral part of their online business strategy.
Site optimization involves Careful handling of the entire SEO process. The site is thoroughly analyzed for its full SEO potential before implementation. During the initial analysis, the site is analyzed for it full URL depth, individual page’s PR, search engine saturation, back-link count, traffic log analysis and Google Analytics / Google Webmaster Tools setup.
Basic SEO Observations
What is the Alexa rank of the site?
What is the estimated traffic on the site?
This can be estimated from GA, website presently have GA installed.
Total number of site pages?
What numbers of pages are indexed on Google?
129 including PDFs
Are Keywords present in title tags?
Are keywords present in meta tags – Description, KW, etc?
Are keywords present in HTML markup / CSS?
Are keywords present in body text, title attributes, and anchor texts?
Is robots.txt present on the site?
Are HTML and XML sitemaps are present?
Both not present
Is Customized 404-error page present?
Observations and Recommendations
- Keywords are not present in the title, Meta and HTML markups. We recommend keeping relevant keywords to boost organic search engine rankings.
- HTML/XML sitemaps are very important from search engine point of view. We recommend keeping XML sitemap (sitemap.xml) and configure it (priority) to help search engine crawlers identify/prioritize/index website pages.
Refers to changes made in the website or on web pages
- Title tags
- Roadblock: Not present
- Recommendation: Keep good keywords (has good monthly search count) in title tags
- Meta Description Tags
- Roadblock: Not present
- Recommendation: Keep good keywords (has good monthly search count) in meta-description tags
- Roadblock: Not enough
- Recommendation: Keep good keywords (has good monthly search count) in home-page and inner-page content
- Keywords in HTML markups
- Roadblock: Not present
- Recommendation: Keep good keywords (has good monthly search count) in HTML markups
Refers to promoting or marketing a website using other off-site methods
- Website ranking for relevant keywords in Google, Yahoo and MSN
- Roadblock: website is not ranking for relevant keyword
- Recommendation: Optimize the website with relevant keywords to boost the search engine rankings e.g. Blog posting with good keyword with link-backs to the website
- Link Popularity
- Roadblock: Website presently has 2465 backlinks according to Yahoo’s data.
- Recommendation: Website’s top competitor www.nmsbdc.org has 4646 backlinks. Link-popularity can be improved to pull more referral traffic.
A social network service focuses on building online communities of people, professionals and business owners who share common interests and activities, or who are interested in exploring the interests and activities of others.
The professional profile created to represent the company is a valuable source of information for the community. A well thought-out profile has the ability to influence readers and promote your brand. It also has the ability to act as a hub of information about different items such as reputation, testimonials, and reviews of your professional life or of your company.
Competition Analysis Data
Observations and Recommendations
The competition in this industry is very intense and the website is lagging behind from competitors in terms of Link backs especially. The top competitor has:
- Link popularity need to be improved to pull relevant referral traffic.
- More pages need to be indexed, keeping relevant keywords and XML sitemaps will help.
- Content need to be improved for relevant keywords.
Keyword Research is by far the most important aspect in any Search Engine Optimization initiative. Keyword Phrase Research is processes of selecting the most “optimum performance” keyword phrases that can help visitors find your site.
You may have spent days and months on fine-tuning your web pages for a better ranking with the major search engines, yet it will all amount to a big waste if the right keyword phrases are not targeted. It’s like not being able to reach your destination even after running your best race because you started out on the wrong road.
We tried to research some good keywords for your website, we recommend keeping keywords with decent search count. Following are a few suggestions, this is a very basic analysis.
Email us at contact [at] nonprofitcms.org if you would like your website included in our weekly non profit website review.